|Name and Title||Contact Information|
Director of Buildings & Grounds
Energy Management Supervisor
Health and Safety Officer
Use of Pesticides Notice
New York State Education Law Section 409-H, effective July 1, 2001, requires all public and non-public elementary and secondary schools to provide written notification to all parents, guardians, faculty and staff regarding the potential use of pesticides periodically throughout the school year.
The Liverpool Central School District will maintain a list of parents, guardians, faculty and staff who wish to receive 48-hour prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. The following pesticides applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good faith effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48-hour prior notification list.
- A school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72 hours following an application;
- Anti-microbial products;
- Nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
- Silica gels and other nonvolatile ready-to-use pastes, foams or gels in areas inaccessible to children;
- Boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate;
- The application of EPA designated biopesticides;
- The application of EPA designated exempt materials under 40CFR152.25;
- The use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps and hornets.
During the 2011-2012 school year, the Liverpool Central School District did not make any pesticide applications that would require notification.
If you would like to receive 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your building for the 2012-2013 school year, please mail or e-mail your name, address, daytime and evening phone numbers to: Darrell Clisson, Liverpool Central School District District Office, 195 Blackberry Road, Liverpool, N.Y. 13090 or DClisson@liverpool.k12.ny.us. For further information call (315) 622-7167.
Notice of Availability: Asbestos Management Plans
As provided under the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA - EPA 40 CFR 763), the Liverpool Central School District hereby makes known the steps it has undertaken to comply with AHERA and the availability of asbestos management plans.
1. Beginning in 1989, all district owned facilities were inspected for asbestos and management plans were developed for each building according to the requirements of AHERA. Reinspections are conducted by the District every three years. Onondaga-Cortland-Madison BOCES of Syracuse, N.Y., completed the July 2010 AHERA Triennial inspection and update to the asbestos management plans.
2. Periodic surveillance of asbestos containing building materials is conducted every six months.
3. All custodial and maintenance staff have undergone two-hour Asbestos Awareness Training.
4. All response actions taken are within federal and state guidelines.
Management plans may be viewed at the Maintenance Center during office hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, please contact the following individual: Darrell Clisson, Director of Buildings and Grounds (LEA Designee) at 315-622-7167.
- Operations & Maintenance Department Presentation - January 7, 2013